Water.org is a U.S.-based, non-governmental organization working to increase access to water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH). Water.org has succeeded in changing lives of millions of people around the world by providing access to clean water and sanitation facilities. Water.org played a role in the WASH sector to find innovative financing models, which supports transparency and partnership with stakeholders to continuously provide more change.
Water.org’s vision: “Safe water and the dignity of a toilet for all.”
One solution of Water.org is WaterCredit, which is an innovative solution to help tackle the global water crisis. Water.org partners with selected microfinancial institutions to develop a new product for financing water and sanitation facilities. These partner institutions must deliver activities in order to roll out the product to the entire operational area.
Main function of WASH Expert:
WASH Expert is responsible to support the implement the WASH loan product with MFI’s internal staff in order to reach standard target of loan disbursements per branch of MFI. WASH Expert must resolve bottlenecks with WASH Manager, MFI partner, and Water.org.
1. Building a working team with WASH Manager, head office team, regional office team, and branch office team in implementing water and sanitation financing program
2. Attracting potential water and sanitation contractors in each branch location, and provide training to increase their capacity to become partners in improving members’ WASH facilities, with at least 1 contractor in each branch
3. Directing contractor in building WASH facilities and ensure its accordance with the agreed facility and the standard quality
4. Supervising the WASH facility constructions
5. Providing training of WASH program to MFI employees
6. Providing training on hygiene and health behaviors relating to WASH program to members or client in the meeting points.
7. Working with MFI to conduct internal trainings
8. Establish coordination to cooperate with sanitarians in health center offices in order to develop strategies, at the RT/RW, village, sub-district, or district levels
9. Report on the progress of WASH program in branches to the head office team
10. Manage WASH loan in all branches and provide quick and appropriate solutions
11. Manage WASH activities at the branch level and regularly report progress to WASH Manager
– Academic background at least diploma, but prioritize bachelor degree
– Has working experiences in WASH or other relevant sector. Knows the basic concepts in water, sanitation, and hygiene
– Has leadership skills and motivation to help the poor
– Has the ability to work in team or independently, able to achieve targets
– Good communication skills, both verbal and written
– Capable of using Microsoft Office
– Honest, responsible, creative, innovative, initiative, and professional
– Could show a sample of work relating to WASH sector during discussion/interview
– Comfortable traveling extensively to MFI branch offices and operating areas
We would only accept applications that include CV and 1 (one) page essay answering “How does your experience and skills make you fit for the position of WASH Expert?”. Please submit both documents and salary expectation by email to Indonesia.firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 1, 2017 noting “WASH Expert” in the subject line.
Applications that fill in these criteria will be reviewed as they are received.