The Specialist will work under the direction of the National Coordinator Microfinance and BC/Marketing Advisor for the product and marketing development under project’s Component 1, assists in the strategic development and execution of product & marketing plan which relate to the product development based on market-based approach for WASH products, manages the reporting and dissemination of key all product management and marketing metrics from national to regional and responsible for:
Increasing household demand for WASH product and services;
Facilitating a robust market for household WASH products and services to the poorest and most vulnerable; and
Expanding poor-inclusive approaches to increase WASH service provision.
The Product Marketing Specialist will assist overall Product and Marketing development plans specifically for WASH products. The responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
Develop and execute product development and plan for market-based approach among IUWASH Plus target beneficiaries which in close coordination with other specialist under Component 3 (Strengthening the WASH financing environment).
Develop WASH product positioning and messaging that differentiates IUWASH Plus WASH product among target market based on customer needs and identify high growth market segments and ways to address them.
Develop and communicate unique value proposition of WASH products to BC/Marketing
Develop and manage strategy to drive demand for WASH products which include product focused communication, marketing enablement materials
Provide support to regional and national programs
In conjunction with the IUWASH PLUS M&E team, develop monitoring tool to regularly reviews and retains marketing data to assess IUWASH Plus interventions achievement as required by the IUWASH PLUS Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP)
· WASH product development
· WASH product marketing Strategy
· WASH product marketing Training
· Input related to the above for IUWASH biweekly, quarterly, annual and other reports as well as work plans.
· Accurate data in accordance with the IUWASH PLUS Activity Monitoring Plan (AMP)
· Technical reports, articles and other publications related to the above.
Posting & Reporting Relationships
The Product Marketing Specialist will be based in the IUWASH PLUS National Office in Jakarta, with periodic visits to all IUWASH working locations. S/He can be requested by DAI and/or USAID, to travel outside Indonesia for official duties.
· At least 5 years of product marketing experience with at least 3 years in senior level and 1 years’ experience in a customer facing/interaction experience
· Advanced degree in business or marketing
· Strong analytical, written and communication skills
· Have extended experiences in consumer and marketing product development in private sector.
· Must have basic knowledge on WASH sector and productive poor community and its buying behavior
· Able to work independently in limited supervision/facility in his/her designated areas
· Excellent team player with a range of people, excellent interpersonal skills, with experience in community facilitation, training and organizing work
· Experience in report writing, preferable in English
Expected Start Date: Available immediately
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com before January 20, 2017. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Early submission is appreciated.