United Cities and Local Governments Asia Pacific (UCLG ASPAC) is the biggest regional section of the United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG), with its Secretariat based in Jakarta, Indonesia. UCLG is a worldwide association of local governments, and is the officially recognized voice of local governments by the United Nations. UCLG ASPAC has linkages to more than 7,000 local governments. It represents well over 3.76 billion people – more than half of the world population – and incorporates fast economically developing countries such as China, India, and Indonesia.
UCLG ASPAC is the key knowledge management hub on local government issues in the Asia-Pacific region. It promotes democratic local government, supports cooperation between cities, local governments and their associations, and facilitates programmes, networks and partnerships to develop the capacity of local governments and associations. UCLG ASPAC also represents local governments politically within the international community, and with the United Nations and its agencies. It also promotes inclusive societies which safeguard equality, social, and economic justice, and sustainable community development. UCLG ASPAC is engaged in all relevant thematic fields for nurturing sustainable development, such as poverty alleviation, climate change, disaster resiliency, culture, strategic planning, decentralization, local finance, gender equality, women leadership and empowerment, as well as good governance.
UCLG ASPAC is looking for a Member Services Officer (MSO) for a period of one (1) year, with a possible extension, to support the Member Services Division which is responsible in assisting the Secretary General for providing good services to members, analyzing members’ needs and interests, preparing the statutory meetings such as the Executive Bureau, Council and General Assembly meetings and conducting promotional activities to attract new members. The division also prepares business papers for meetings, reprots to the Governing Bodies of UCLG ASPAC and support members on membership policy and membership fee issues.
Objectives and goals:
To provide services to members and assist the Manager in developing strategies, and implementing the main role and task of Member Services Division, including the analysis of members’ needs and interests.
To support the development of profile of member services and plan to attract the potential members and maintain the existing members.
To support the promotion of UCLG ASPAC activities to members, potential members, and partners and assist in expanding the network of UCLG ASPAC related with the local governments.
Scope of Work/Key Duties:
The key duties and activities of this role are:
1. Updating and maintaining the contacts of members, database and members profile.
2. Providing ideas and concepts on strategies for maintaining members and recruitment of new members.
3. Collecting information and developing membership category/sub category and directories of each type of memberships.
4. Contacting and reminding members for payment of membership fees.
5. Performing administrative duties related with Member Services Division’s needs.
6. Supporting the conduct of annual membership needs survey, the evaluation of past services provision, and strategizing and planning of new services.
7. Taking Minutes/Notes of meetings initiated by Member Services Division.
8. Providing article/information requested by other divisions related with members needs and/or profile.
9. Assisting in recruiting new member and in processing the membership applications.
10. Assisting in the preparation of biannual Executive Bureau, annual Council and biennial Regional General Assembly Meetings with the host local governments/ associations.
11. Assisting in the preparation and ensuring the completion of Regional Executive Bureau/Council/General Assembly Meeting papers.
12. Assisting in liaising with UCLG World for biannual World Executive Bureau, annual Council and biennial General Assembly participated by UCLG ASPAC President, Secretary General and other representatives.
13. Assisting the manager for the event preparation (invitation, mobilizing, correspondences, photocopy mail, fax, stationary).
14. Performing other duties as required from time-to-time by the Secretary General and Member Services Manager.
Special Requirements of the Assignment:
Minimum Bachelor Degree in relevant discipline (relevant experience may substitute the relevant degree).
2. Minimum 3 (three) year experience in a similar position in an NGO and/or an International Organization.
Demonstrated experience working with local governments, multi-donor agencies, and/or development partners.
Excellent communication and writing skills (English)
Highly developed communication skills, including ability to draft/edit texts and to articulate ideas in clear, concise style to a variety of audiences, as well as facilitation skills.
Presented professional behavior in carrying out the duties and positive attitude for services.
Experience in working in an international environment, respecting different cultures and nationalities.
Positive work ethic with a willingness to learn and grow.
Considerable domestic and international travels may be required.
Updated database and profiles for members.
Implemented planned activities and reporting within the Member Services Division.
The post will be supervised by the Member Services Manager.
Please submit your Application letter and CV to email@example.com cc to : firstname.lastname@example.org before December 1st 2017