The goal of Australia Awards in Indonesia (AAI) is to enhance Indonesia’s development through the contribution of internationally qualified professionals and a strong and positive relationship with Australia. This will contribute to the overall objectives of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) development cooperation program in Indonesia.
Key to the success of AAI is engagement with Indonesian alumni of Australian higher education institutions. AAI is supporting DFAT and the Australian Embassy in Jakarta with the development and implementation of a five-year enhanced Alumni Enhance Engagement Strategy for Indonesia. This strategy moves beyond previous efforts to solely engage recipients of Australia Awards scholarships to also include those alumni who self-funded their study, short course award participants, and recipients of Government of Indonesia scholarships.
The objectives of the strategy are to:
· Promote the quality and competitiveness of Australian education and research;
· Support Australian-Indonesian business, trade and development cooperation linkages and initiatives;
· Help build networks of active ambassadors and provide more opportunities for alumni to stay
· connected to their Australian experiences and to share these with others ; and,
· Provide the right platforms and opportunities for alumni to connect and build enduring personal and
· Professional networks and institutional links in the region.
To contribute to the AAI, Coffey is currently seeking applications for an Alumni Relations Coordinator to be based (fulltime) in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The Alumni and Relations Coordinator (ARC) will be responsible for effective, efficient and targeted engagement with alumni to support the objectives of the DFAT enhanced alumni engagement strategy, and to support the implementation of that strategy.
Working under the supervision of the Alumni Relations Manager (ARM), and as part of a broader team that combines personnel working in the areas of alumni, communications and promotions, the ARC will assist the ARM in the following work streams:
· The implementation of the enhanced alumni engagement strategy.
· Identification of activities that are critical to achieving the strategy’s outcomes.
· Expansion of the alumni network, in particular to private fee paying alumni and young alumni.
· Delivery of high quality alumni events.
· Management of Circles of Influence.
· Supporting reintegration of alumni upon return from studies in Australia.
· Consolidation of institutional links between alumni, Australian organisations (universities and GOA) through activities in Indonesia and Australia.
· Management and effective and efficient utilisation of alumni databases.
· Development and maintenance of a sense of community within the alumni network.
To be considered for this role you need to demonstrated extensive level experience in technical support and coordination work preferably in an international development. The person should have experience in an education/training environment and working with diverse alumni and stakeholders. We required also the candidates to have an experience in developing and maintaining effective work relationships. She/he should have an ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team to achieve team and organizational objectives. Also Strong in project & event management skills; highly organized, multi-tasked and detail oriented. Since you will have a regular contact with a lot of Universities in Australia then we required person with high level proficiency in spoken, written English and Indonesian, as well as having an ability to organize and priorities work with a high degree of accuracy and integrity.
Please see attach for detail on Job Description.
To review the position description and to apply for this opportunity, please visit www.coffey.com/careers and search job number 495710
Further enquiries can be directed to email@example.com, quoting job number 495710
This is a locally engaged position; Indonesian nationals are encouraged to apply.
Applications close: 1700 (Jakarta time) 22 November 2017.
Coffey has a 40 year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK’s Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people’s lives