Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is a US – based humanitarian and development organization working in over 100 countries around the world to assist people victims of disasters, people in need and the disadvantaged regardless of race, belief or nationality. CRS has been operating in Indonesia since 1957 under the Memorandum of Understanding with the Ministry of Social Affairs to provide both humanitarian response and long-term development to the most vulnerable communities. CRS Indonesia’s current strategy includes emergency preparedness and response, disaster risk reduction, and integrated agriculture and livelihoods.
CRS/Indonesia is currently hiring for Disaster Risk Reduction Project Officer (DRR-PO) to be based in Bogor with regular travel to Jakarta for coordination meeting with CRS program team and other implementing partners. This position will report to Disaster Risk Reduction Program Manager (DRR-PM).
1. Lead the day-to-day implementation of the project activities in collaboration and by working directly with the District Agency for Disaster Management (BPBD) and other relevant stakeholders including community leaders and members in the target areas.
2. Organize and coordinate project activities at community level in consultation with BPBD and community local leaders, including facilitation of various DRR trainings at the community level.
3. In coordination with BPBD, facilitate the establishment and/or re-activation of Kelompok Siaga Bencana in the target villages.
4. Provide capacity building for BPBD and KSM on humanitarian standard and need assessment, mainstreaming gender and protection into the KSB’s plan
5. Provide institutional strengthening to KSB by assisting them in developing standard operating procedure and contingency planning.
6. Provide technical support and accompaniment to BPBD and KSB in the implementation of their respective DRR plan.
7. Coordinate information sharing among the project team, and project beneficiaries to strengthen community engagement
8. Mobilize community stakeholders to ensure full involvement of community leaders, community representatives, and local government representatives in the overall implementation of project activities.
9. Compile data provided at the community level as per project requirements and contribute to the preparation of reports.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCES:
· Graduate degree (S1) in development, social science or related field.
· At least 3 years professional experience in the technical area of DRR, including Community-based Disaster Risk Management (CBDRM), preferable working in international NGO
· Strong skill and broad experience in community organizing
· Has knowledge and good understanding of protection and gender issues in DRR programming
· Has experience working on or has good knowledge on Indonesia’s DRM system and structure, particularly BPBD structure, policy and strategy.
· Has strong skill in training facilitation including develop training plan and modules
· Has experience applying participatory tools and able to facilitate Focus Group Discussion (FGD), interview, observation and survey.
· Understand international code of conduct in humanitarian programming, and able to apply them in daily work within the community.
Required Foreign Language: Good command of both Bahasa Indonesia and English, both oral and writing.
CRS Indonesia currently working in DKI Jakarta, West Java, NTT, East Java, Bali and Lombok, Central Kalimantan and Central Sulawesi on disaster preparedness and climate change adaptation project. In the event of a CRS emergency response, all CRS Indonesia staff may be requested to travel to CRS project areas if necessary and/or deployed to other parts of the country.
Only applications that meet the above qualifications will be shortlisted. All applications and CVs, should be sent by email to CRS Indonesia at Indonesia_HR@crs.org before or by November 17th, 2017.
“Only short-listed candidates will be invited via e-mail/phone for Interview”