The Executive Director (ED) is the most senior management position for Mercy Corps Indonesia. The ED holds overall responsibility for management and oversight of the implementation of Mercy Corps Indonesia programs and operations. The ED will shape the strategic direction and management structure of Mercy Corps Indonesia. The ED will build upon the current program, utilize the strengths and experience of the current staff and recruit new staff as needed to manage existing and new projects and to meet operational and organizational objectives. S/he is responsible for financial oversight, monitoring and evaluation, and human resource management. Working closely with the YMCI Board Committees, the joint Executive Committee and relevant resources, the ED will develop effective working relationships to ensure that program operations are of the highest quality and standards, and supportive of Mercy Corps Indonesia’s national, regional and global strategies. The ED is a talented communicator, able develop relationships with staff, donors, and partners. S/he provides insightful analysis into the development and related contexts to create high impact strategies for response to current crisis as well as long-term impact. With the Board leadership, the ED is a primary representative for Mercy Corps Indonesia externally and in ensuring that the foundation remains accountable to the standards and expectations of donors, government, and communities.
– A master’s degree or higher within the range of competency in International Development, Economics, Laws, Social Science or Public Policy;
– A minimum of 7-years’ senior management experience with significant time leading an organization demonstrating a strong understanding of good governance and financial management practices; successful track record leading dynamic and effective teams and a robust professional network in Indonesia;
– A minimum of 3-years’ experience serving as a member of an organizational board of directors;
– Demonstrable experience of successful fundraising at an organizational level, from a diverse pool of sources;
– Experience working in the development sector with specific knowledge of financial inclusion, climate change, disaster risk management, and/or agriculture development and demonstrable success designing programs, writing proposals and winning grants, and managing programs;
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Bahasa Indonesia and English with strong public speaking experience in a formal development sector context;
– Proven record in private and public sector partnership or collaboration with organizations representing government, private for- profit sector, private foundation and not-for profit / NGO;
– Track record delivering excellent results and assuring leadership roles;
– Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in organizational settings, especially in a non-hierarchical setting.
Please send your CV with position applied on the email subject to: email@example.com
Vacancy will be closed 12 February 2017 and only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.
Human Resources Department
Mercy Corps Indonesia