1. SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES
Selection and installation:
· Monitors the premises market for apartments and houses in Jakarta makes suggestions of new solutions for the accommodation of international staff;
· Provides a premises market study on a yearly basis (updating about development of premises market, prizes, etc.);
· Participates in the selection of the premises and in the contract negotiation process;
· Prepares new contracts to be signed and ensures compliance to rules and regulations as well as standard practises of Jakarta Regional Delegation;
· Makes sure that residences are prepared and equipped according to housing policy and standard items list at the arrival of international staff;
Maintenance, utilities and cleaning:
· Makes regular tours in the premises set up and acts pro-actively to keep the premises in a good condition;
· Follows up on maintenance or purchase requests from residences and offices;
· Coordinates with the property owners and external contractors to arrange for the replacement of faulty equipment or major maintenance according to contractual responsibilities;
· Informs and updates the residents of the action taken within their residences;
· Establishes a list to follow up recurring maintenance duties (fumigation, pest control, A/C maintenance, hygiene of kitchen, fridges and water distributors, etc.);
· Makes sure that offices, apartments and houses are cleaned according to the institutional standards and that the team of maids and manual workers is managed in a professional manner.
Security set up:
· Ensures that measures for passive security are taken in all residences and in the office. Uses Database Security & Stress as reference for doing so.
· Monitors the performance of the sub-contracted team of security guards and maintains a regular contact with the security company on SOP, suggestions for improvements, etc.
· Contributes to the earthquake (and other large scale emergencies) contingency plan of the Regional Delegation;
· Ensures that 3M anti-blast film is applied in all offices, apartments and residences;
· Follows up lists of recurring maintenance duties in regards to passive security (fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, etc.)
· Contributes to the overall security analysis of the Delegation in regards to the premises;
· Ensures professional follow up of key management by knowing at any moment who was given which key and having double keys in a locked place of any key for any office, apartment or house of the Regional Delegation.
· Understands and applies Rules on Financial Management at any time;
· Makes sure that the premises files consisting of all relevant contractual information and correspondence is up to date;
· Ensures that we have inventory lists of all rented apartment and houses and updates whenever necessary;
· Prepares financial monthly forecast for rental fee payments and communicates with Finance and Accounting to avoid money shortages;
· Prepares monthly rental fee payments;
· Monitors deposit payments of all the premises and ensures that deposit amounts are reclaimed upon termination of the contracts;
· Controls and approves all premises related expenses and ensures timely payment according to internal regulations (electricity, water, etc.);
· Sets up and maintains a monitoring system to ensure timely payment of bills regarding to premises (electricity, water, etc.);
· Prepares reports and statistics on electricity and water consumption to reduce expenses;
· Creates and updates a list of suppliers and contractors (electrician, plumbers, painters, daily workers) with contact numbers;
· Maintains contact with landlords for contractual agreements and follows up on contract renewals or terminations;
· Updates premises list and ensures accuracy at any moment;
· Keeps premises standard items list up to date;
· Makes sure together with the F&A Manager that the housing policy is updated whenever needed but at least every three years
· Updates on a regular base on all ICRC premises related instructions and guidelines (F&A manual, security DB).
Support to Dili Mission Office in Dili (DIL), Timor-Leste:
· Supports DIL office in all premises related issues;
· Keeps DIL office updated on all issues related to premises management and makes field visits if necessary.
2. OFFICE ACTIVITIES
– Writes field trip reports based on given guidelines;
– Writes minutes of workshops and meetings whenever requested.
b. Office – Team supervision
– Supervises the team of domestic staff;
– Establishes monthly domestic staff working schedule and ensures holiday and absence control and replacement accuracy;
– Coaches and trains the domestic staff and provides them with support as needed;
– Establishes and maintains detailed task lists including clear schedules transparent to residents;
– Makes sure that Job Descriptions are up to date and makes suggestions for amendments;
– Is responsible of the yearly appraisal exercise for the staff under his supervision and follows the instructions given for doing so in F&A manual;
– Conducts monthly meetings with the team, discussing activities and future objectives;
Selection requirements and experience
· University degree or technical diploma or equivalent
· 2 years work experience in a similar field or real estate sector
· Good command of written and spoken English
· Good computer skills, incl. spreadsheets
· Good management skills
· Good negotiation skills
We offer a rewarding and enriching work in a unique humanitarian institution in an international environment.
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to the Human Resources to email@example.com. The vacancy is open until filled.
Please include cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, current remuneration and contact details of three referees. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for tests and interviews.