The overarching objective of USAID’s BIJAK project is to address the constellation of market forces, financial incentives, policy levers, social norms and values driving deforestation and biodiversity loss in order to promote enduring changes in individual and organizational behavior which reduce greenhouse gas emissions and conserve valuable marine and terrestrial biodiversity. To realize this object, BIJAK will work through national instruments and systems to impact the following:
· Number of national level laws, policies, regulations, decrees, procedures, or fiscal and budgetary practices reformed, revised, adopted and/or applied with USG assistance in order to reduce GHG emissions, reduce wildlife trafficking, and conserve valuable terrestrial and marine biodiversity.
· Improved capacity and willingness of Indonesian institutions and organizations to address biodiversity conservation, especially wildlife trafficking, and climate change as a result of USG assistance
· Number of businesses engaged in extensive land-use practices, especially palm oil, developing green business practices and sharing them widely with others in their industry with USG assistance.
· Amount of investment leveraged in USD from private and public sources for biodiversity conservation and/or climate change as a result of USG assistance
· Public opinion and behaviors changed as a result of advocacy campaigns developed and implemented with USG support to support targeted terrestrial and marine biodiversity conservation and low carbon development issues.
· Model(s) for successful low emissions development and forest conservation developed and shared with USG assistance at all levels of government and with other key stakeholders.
In order to achieve the aforementioned objectives, BIJAK must have a solid monitoring and evaluation (ME) team that can accurately identify and measure these achievements. As such, BIJAK will hire a monitoring and evaluation associate to work together with the ME specialist to address these needs.
· Provide data management support to the BIJAK M&E and technical teams and project partners;
· Ensure that all required M&E data is collected, verified, and saved in appropriate files and databases;
· Maintain and keep M&E databases and files updated at all times;
· Maintain and follow M&E systems and processes
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities
· Support the M&E Specialist in the development of and updates to BIJAK’s Theory of Change (TOC) and MEL Plan;
· Support M&E Specialist in development of Standard Operating Procedures and monitoring tools;
· Provide assistance and training to BIJAK staff on how to use DevResults system;
· Provide data and scientific technical support to important routine and ad hoc operations research activities;
· Collect required data from BIJAK technical team, partner organizations (grantees, LOCs, subcontractors), and STTA;
· Support ME specialist in verifying all data including participant data, media coverage, & project results/achievements to ensure consistent data quality;
· Conduct priority field visits and conduct spot checks/observe, as necessary (or requested by the program);
· Ensure requisite data is regularly entered, updated, and stored in DevResults and M&E Database in share point;
· Support M&E Specialist in monitoring grantee performance (e.g. desk reviews, field observations, etc.);
· Provide raw data to be further processed and analyzed by the ME Specialist for completing quarterly and annual reports;
· Process data/provide support for other BIJAK reports as requested by the Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, and M&E Specialist;
· Ensure required data is entered into Trainet in a timely manner;
· Other administrative tasks as requested by supervisor, COP or DCOP.
· Advanced degree preferred; bachelor’s degree preferably with specialization in statistics or program evaluation.
· Minimum of 3 years of experience working in social development field in monitoring and evaluation role.
· Advance computer skills in excel, word processing, data management, office 365, SPSS, and/or any internet based data analysis application.
· Strong English writing and verbal communication skills.
· Willing to travel outside of Jakarta as needed.
· Must be detail-oriented and able to work independently and in a team setting.
How to Apply
If you are interested and qualified for the above position, please prepare and send under one PDF file consist of:
· Application Letter, max. 1 page
· Updated CV, max. 4 pages, including min. 5 reference contact detail.
to email@example.com by October 10, 2017. Please put the code “BIJAK-MEA” on the submission email. Early submission of qualified CVs will be prioritized that might lead to early hiring process.