Chemoprophylaxis e.g. single-dose of rifampicin (SDR) have been shown to be effective as post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) in contacts of leprosy patients. It is expected to be sufficiently bactericidal to treat people with subclinical leprosy infection. It is not found to be very effective in close contacts hence an effective additional strategy is screening of contacts of new cases using an immunological screening test and giving those testing positive an enhanced prophylaxis regimen with two antibiotics and the intervention is known as PEP++, while the others who are not positive receive a single dose of rifampicin.
Start on 2017, NLR will implement the PEP++ in 3 highest leprosy endemic countries (India, Brazil and Indonesia). In Indonesia, the five-years project will be implemented in two districts of East Java. Our dream is to stop transmission of leprosy with objectives are to achieve early detection and preventive treatment of leprosy-infected people before symptoms appear, to provide and to disseminate evidence of the effectiveness of the Stop Transmission approach to relevant stakeholders.
We are looking for the full-time position of PEP++ Project Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
The PEP++ Project Coordinator is a member of the international PEP++ Core Team and the national PEP++ Task Force. The PEP++ Project Coordinator will oversee the management, coordination and administration of all aspects of the PEP++ project at the country level. She/he leads the project at national level through the PEP++ Supervisors in close-collaboration with the project partners. The Project Coordinator will report to the Leprosy Control Programme Manager and the Country Director. Detail job description will be sent to the screened candidates.
The position is full time and will be based in Surabaya, East Java.
Master in relevant field (MPH, MSc) or PhD in Microbiology / biochemistry with minimum 5 (five) years experiences in research and demonstrable health program/project management.
· Proven experience in operational research
· Ability to analyze and interpret data
· Experience of handling Epi-info, GIS, SPSS
· Demonstrable experience on health project/program management (include the result based planning, budgeting, monitoring, evaluation and reporting)
· Demonstrable experience in coordination with different stakeholders
· Good facilitator, motivator, and problem solver
· Sensitivity for intercultural differences
· Ability to balance macro and micro management
· Ability to work in a dynamic environment where a flexible management style is needed, dealing with setbacks and unexpected events while continuing to make progress and respecting deadlines
· Good communication skills
· Willingness for frequent travels
· Proficient in written and spoken English is essential
· Computer skills (MSWord, Excel, Power point, internet, Epi-info, SPSS etc.)
Compensation: competitive, based on experience.
How to Apply
Application letter together with updated CV and reference letters should be submitted via email to:
Agus Budiarto, NLR Indonesia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Closing date is May 3th 2017, however application will be screened immediately upon reaching the above email address. The qualified candidate will be contacted for recruitment process accordingly.