Roles and responsibilities
1. Supervise the work of IDBP team and identify and resolve problems as needed and ensure that they stick to their job descriptions, programme guidelines, budgets, implementation plans and other relevant instruction.
2. Support the recruitment of BIRU team members at national and provincial level and to assist in the preparation of Terms of References for consultants and programme activities.
3. Establish and foster good coordination among stakeholders and donors.
4. Assist in research, studies and surveys and evaluation activities.
5. Liaise with stakeholders (government, NGOs, private sector, cooperatives) and maintain a network to support the development of the biogas sector.
6. Responsible for issuing cooperation agreement between Hivos and government.
7. Coordinate production of relevant documents, budgets and other outputs in accordance with the project targets and commitments.
8. Make sure that data collection procedures for the bio-digester MIS are followed timely and accurately, and are upgraded as needed.
9. Coordinate the production of all donor reports including three-monthly reports to MCAI and EnDev reports and ensure the submission of the reports within agreed deadlines.
10. Responsibility to check narrative and financial reports before being submitted to donors.
11. To identify and assess problems/specific issues and work with the IDBP team to solve these issues.
12. Lead the national biogas programme support office team in terms of management and liaising with the provincial offices, in close cooperation with the implementation partner.
13. Support knowledge dissemination through training, mentoring and field visits and undertake clients’ feedback.
14. Lead regular IDBP Carbon Monitoring, Reporting & Verification activities in cooperation with consultant(s) in the Energy and Agriculture domains.
15. To contribute to the overall outputs of Hivos SEA and to rolling out new innovative initiatives that are relevant to the Green Energy Division of Hivos SEA.
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
– A degree in rural development, sustainable energy, environmental and natural resource management economics of natural resources or other relevant field;
– An understanding of energy project development;
– Profound understanding of the socio-economic aspects, including gender, of development projects;
– Professional written and verbal communication skills including public speaking in English and Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian national position);
– Show successful track record working in and within multidisciplinary team;
– Minimum 3 years of professional experience in program design, management and evaluation;
– Strong interpersonal communication and negotiation skills to effectively interact with donors, civil society organizations, government officials and community;
– Sound experience in managing partnerships and multi actor initiatives;
– Good understanding of and strong affinity with civil society, in particular with non-governmental organizations;
– Previous working experience in an international environment/organization would be an advantage;
– Having respect for humanitarian or humanist principles and willing to work in a non- discriminating, neutral, impartial and gender equal environment;
– Willing to travel domestically and internationally for related events.
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
Project Manager Green Energy (BIRU) graded in Grade: 10-11 (from 1-12 Hivos’s SEA salary grade).
How to apply?
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com no later than 21st May 2017.
Opened position for national level / Indonesian nationality.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (‘PM BIRU’) in the ‘subject’ line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information about Hivos Southeast Asia, visit https://www.hivos.org/