The main functions of the volunteer include:
· Support the development and design of the THOH partnerships and business development strategy for Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, East Timor and the Pacific countries.
· Investigate economic conditions surrounding relevant business activities, for instance industry trends and competition
· Conduct extensive market research into the life cycle of business ideas and projects
· Map out government priorities and ongoing development strategies for all THOH target countries
· Map out the development landscape for each country, with details on donor trends, major programmes and other relevant information to detail a comprehensive strategy for THOH
· Excellent capacity to advocate effectively, communicate sensitively across different constituencies.
· Excellent analytical and research capacity
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (able to prepare and write complex documents) and proficiency in computer skills especially Microsoft office applications.
· Strong organizational and analytical skills.
· Ability to set goals and deliver.
· Ability to work independently, to tight deadlines and under pressure.
· Team player, able to work in a multicultural team
· Openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
· Interest in working in the UN system in South East Asia
Education, experience and language requirements
· Minimum first university degree (bachelor’s or equivalent) in social sciences, marketing, international relations/development, development studies, business administration or any related field.
· A relevant advanced university degree (master’s or equivalent) preferred.
· Prior experience in resource mobilization or business development required.
· Excellent communication skills required.
· Excellent research and drafting skills required.
· Good time management skills
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: UNOPS Volunteer
Contract level: Not Applicable
Contract duration: 3 months, renewable up to maximum 6 months subject to performance and need for services
Volunteers do not receive any remuneration, subsidy or compensation of any kind. All costs and expenses incurred by the Volunteer which relate to the provision of voluntary services to UNOPS shall be borne by the Volunteer, including but not limited to costs for medical insurance coverage, accommodation, etc.
To be eligible, interested individuals must have necessary visa/work authorization to enable them to provide the voluntary services and must be resident in Indonesia regardless of whether they are Indonesia national or foreign national.
· Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
· Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
· Volunteers are not financially remunerated.
· Indonesia nationals and foreigners resident in Indonesia are eligible for this volunteer opportunity.
To apply send your CV and a short Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.