Reporting to the Grants Manager in Jakarta or his/her delegate, the Senior Grants Officer will be responsible for supporting an efficient and effective grants management process for the LINKAGES grants program. A successful applicant will work with the LINKAGES Indonesia team to contribute to regulatory compliance, assessment and mitigation of business risks, and enforcement of Pact’s policies and procedures. Senior Grants Officer is supported by Grants Officers who provide support on subgrants administration and procurement activities.
· Under the direction of the Grants Manager, support administration of the full cycle of sub-award management activities beginning from solicitation through selection, pre-award assessments, negotiation, monitoring/compliance visits, and closeout.
· Under the direction of the Grants Manager, coordinate review and negotiation of awards, including scope of work, budget, payment provisions, reporting requirements and special terms and conditions.
· Ensure timely training of grantees and Pact staff to understand and comply fully with donor standards. Develop training materials and carry out regular trainings with grantee partners.
· Assist to resolve contractual issues/problems/disputes arising from sub-grants and sub-awards.
· Work closely with Linkages staff to make recommendations for field visits and following up on findings.
· Work with the Project Accountant to ensure accurate and timely disbursement and liquidation of sub-award expenses.
· Ensure that office systems for grants and contracts administration are maintained and the documentations are complete and that regular reports are provided to the Grants Manager.
· Assist Grants Manager in the development and monitoring of policies, procedures, and templates.
· Work closely with Grants Manager to design Technical Assistant packages and materials to develop financial management capacity of all subawardees and other relevant parties
· Take the lead in giving training to sub awardees and other relevant parties, related to financial and HR management development, and measure the impact to the technical assistance offered to subawardees.
· Support closeout of awards, including preparation of final inventories, property disposition, etc.
· Contribute to the global Grants Management Community of Practice to share best practices and lessons learned on Pact’s intranet “Mosaic.”
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· BA in Economics and a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience (or equivalent).
· Experience supporting USAID-funded awards.
· Experience in delivering capacity development activities.
· Strong skills in using Excel spreadsheets.
· Experience in using computerized accounting software.
· Strong skills in coordination of multiple activities.
· High initiative and highly motivated with strong attention to detail.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong cross-cultural skills.
· Fluency in English is a must
· Excellent report-writing in Bahasa and English.
· Ability to travel for extended periods at short-notice.
· Indonesia resident
· Experience managing the award and administration of federal grants and contracts in other organizations performing work similar to Pact.
· Understanding of local business culture.
· Strong analytical skills to successfully perform financial reviews, determination of responsibility, and other forms for quantitative analyses.
Qualified candidates are invited to send their cover letter and resume to :email@example.com not later than Augus 23, 2017. Put the position as the subject of your email. Only
shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.