The USAID/Indonesia Monitoring & Evaluation Support Project (MESP) works to improve the functioning and utility of USAID/Indonesia’s portfolio, across sectors of Democracy & Governance, Education, Environment, and Health. MESP supports USAID’s strategy development, evaluation, and project design and planning processes, helping instill a culture of learning and adaptation across programs. Activities include project evaluations, sector assessments, data and sector analyses, surveys, strategic planning, and capacity building and learning interventions for USAID and its implementing partner teams.
The Senior M&E Advisor will work across all types of project activities and interactions with USAID and other partners.
This position is a long-term, full-time staff position based in the MESP office in Jakarta.
The Senior M&E Advisor will perform the following tasks in support of MESP activities and objectives:
· Support USAID Technical and Program Offices to design, plan, manage, supervise, and in some cases, lead implementation of technical assistance, evaluation, and capacity building interventions through MESP.
· Work hand-in-hand with requesting offices and implementation teams (MESP personnel, consultants, subcontractor organizations, USAID implementing partners) to execute MESP activities.
· Coordinate with MESP senior management (COP, DCOP), senior technical staff, and operations staff to ensure the effective preparation, execution, and management of project activities.
· Develop budgets for project activities, as needed.
· Capture results and measure impacts from project activities.
· Draft sections of MESP Quarterly & Annual Progress Reports and other ad hoc reports or impact stories as requested by USAID and the Chief of Party.
· Perform other tasks assigned by the Chief of Party.
Candidates for this position should have the following qualifications:
· University degree in a relevant subject.
· At least 15 years of professional experience relevant to MESP and the position Scope of Work.
· Successful experience designing and managing evaluations, assessments, and/or strategic planning activities for donor programs.
· Expertise and professional experience with surveys, data management and analysis, and/or statistical software programs, preferred.
· Strong English language speaking and writing capabilities.
· Proven ability to lead teams and to work collaboratively with colleagues and counterparts.
· Strong self-initiative: ability to implement and manage program activities proactively, without waiting for instructions.
· Open communications style.
· Experience with USAID programming and M&E systems an advantage.
To apply: Please email your CV with subject “Senior M&E Advisor” to:
Please submit your application by August 18, 2017