External (outside Post)
Main contacts in USAID, US Mission to ASEAN
ASEAN Secretariat and other ASEAN organs
Roles and Responsibilities
Development and Implementation of Project activities (80%)
· Responsible for the day-to-day management of ASEAN S&T Fellowship, and will be liaison person
· Ensure that they are implemented on time, on budget and meet stakeholders’ needs and deliver targets as specified in the work plan;
· Manage the realisation of project outputs through activities
· Manage the call for applications for the fellowship; organize the review of applications received and documents the decision-making process
· Develop work-plans for implementation of the ASEAN S&T Fellowship in close consultation with key partners including ASEAN Secretariat, Committee of Science and Technology and other stakeholders
· Collate/analyse and report on actual and planned monthly expenditure, interpret and communicate with the Programme Manager, advise of variance against approved budgets, and make recommendations for corrective action;
· Produce timely reports – financial and progress reports – as required by the donor and the ASEAN Foundation
· Manage the administration and logistics aspects of the orientation, trainings and close-out events
· Represent ASEAN Foundation at meetings, events, as needed
· In coordination with the Communications and Marketing Manager, support efforts to communicate about the ASEAN S&T Fellowship to external stakeholders;
· Other responsibilities related to the ASEAN S&T Fellowship as needed.
Supporting Tasks for ASEAN Foundation’s Programme Management (20%)
· Supports the ASEAN Foundation in mobilisation of resources from different partners e.g. raise funds for activities within the ASEAN S&T Fellowship as well as other initiatives. This will include preparation of strategies, project briefs and project documents.
· Support an effective partnership with all stakeholders and ensure the long-term sustainability of ASEAN S&T Fellowship as well as initiatives under the ASEAN Foundation
· Support in collating high quality data and information for project reporting types including regular narrative and financial reporting to donors as well as Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) reporting of the ASEAN Foundation
· Support initial work that may lead to development of any new initiatives under the ASEAN Foundation or where the ASEAN Foundation is a partner
· Ensure that ASEAN Foundation rules and regulations concerning finance, procurement and human resources are adhered to
· Support controlling the ASEAN Foundation’s adherence to terms of contracts with donors;
· Support the Programme Manager in reviewing budget proposals of partners, grantees and sub-contractors as required
· Support in preparing financial statements/reports to various bilateral, multilateral and private-sector donors to ensure compliance with contractual and legal requirements;
· In coordination with other Programme Officers, ensure project implementation’s administration and logistical activities are carried out as planned, efficiently and effectively
Education and Experience
· A minimum of Bachelor Degree in Science and Technology Management, Social Sciences, International/Development Studies, Education or related fields
· A minimum of six (6) years of working experience in social development project management in any international development organisations or donor organisations or four (4) years of working experience in the same area for postgraduate degree;
· Proven experiences in Research and Grant Management in international development organisations or international donors.
· An event management generalist with proven track record in managing or arranging project events.
Qualifications and Technical Skill
· Proven experience in strategic and programme planning processes
· Strong writing and organisational skills and attention to detail
· Understanding of multi and bilateral donor policies and procedures
· Comfort with managing diverse tasks simultaneously
· Excellent communication and writing skills in English
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and digital media
· Experience in virtual and in-person presentation skills;
· Skills in employing media and publication development tools.
· Knowledge of another ASEAN language other than Bahasa Indonesia;
· Ability to travel internationally up to 10%.
· Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrates leadership and is able to work with partners and communities in a sensitive and participatory manner;
· Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders as a representative of the ASEAN Foundation, and this includes effective representation skills;
· Flexible, creative, responsive, able to take initiative, reliable, able to follow through on tasks, able to work within systems and procedures, open to learning, able to work effectively in a small team environment involving the sharing of information and at times sharing workloads;
· Has the ability to work in diverse cultural contexts in a culturally appropriate manner;
· Has a capacity to make accurate self-assessment particularly in high stress and high security contexts; and
· Well-planned and organised even within a fluid working environment and has a capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· A lump sum monthly salary will be provided commensurate with the qualification and experience.
· All interested applicants to send application, stating the above post with the following documents to email@example.com
a) Application letter
b) Curriculum vitae and salary history and expected salary
Deadline for Application
· 10 October 2017