This position is primarily to lead infrastructure related activities aimed to improve community preparedness. The position is also to support the establishment and capacity building of community-working group who will drive infrastructure planning and implementation within the project. Duties will include construction planning and budgeting, community and local government engagement and trainings/capacity building delivery and documentation. The Construction Supervisor reports to Project Manager and Stakeholder Engagement Specialist, and is expected to coordinate closely with other team members including Trainer, Project Officer and Field Facilitator.
Duties & Essential Job Functions:
1. To work closely with Project Manager and Stakeholder Engagement Specialist in planning, preparing and delivering safer public construction i.e. evacuation route and assembly point to support community preparedness.
2. To work closely with Project Manager and Finance Team in ensuring cost effectiveness and efficiency for delivery of infrastructure works by preparing and monitoring respective expenditures (incl. Bill of Quantity/BoQ).
3. To accomplish construction project results by defining project purpose and scope, calculating resources required and establishing standards and relevant mechanism.
4. To lead the establishment and capacity building of infrastructure community-working groups through selecting, training, assigning and coaching for the working group members.
5. To ensure that construction planning and delivering are risk sensitive and accessible including for persons with disability and older persons.
To lead in monitoring and evaluation of the construction plan and works and to provide necessary inputs for improvement.
In close coordination with the team members to ensure that relevant materials and documents are developed, and equipment is prepared in advance for infrastructure-related activities.
6. To ensure training and related capacity building activities are actively-participatory, inclusive, practically focused and relevant.
7. To ensure active participation of key stakeholders in infrastructure related activities including training and capacity building activities with particular regard to participation and inclusion of potentially at-risk groups according to gender, age, and disability. Also, pay due regards to individuals who may be impacted as indirect beneficiaries of the activities.
8. To ensure training and capacity building activities documentation is gender, age and disability aware and that all documentation is suitably disaggregated by gender, age and disability.
9. To actively communicate with Project Manager and Stakeholder Engagement Specialist problems and possible solution identified in infrastructure-related activities.
10. To comply with ASB security and safety guidelines and code of conduct and actively contribute to a safe, secure and healthy working environment for all team members, partners and beneficiaries.
11. Any other duties as advised by Project Manager and Stakeholder Engagement Specialist that are in relation to the project.
Output: The main outputs and verifiable deliverables of the position are:
1. The delivery of the above to ensure the accomplishment and quality of project infrastructure component and to support the successful implementation of project.
2. Local government and community organisations are capacitated in risk sensitive and accessible construction.
3. Quality construction plan including design, guidelines and relevant standards andBoQdeveloped.
4. Capacity building/training plan materials developed.
5. Training monitoring and evaluations completed.
6. Completed training and capacity building activities log and records.
7. Monthly summary reports of activities, issues and recommendations submitted to the Project Manager.
8. Regular spoken updates to Project Manager and Stakeholder Engagement Specialist.
9. The prompt reporting of issues and risks and possible solution identified to Project Manager and Stakeholder Engagement Specialist.
10. Monthly work log.
Minimum bachelor degree on civil engineering or other relevant subjects.
Minimum 5 year experience of working in community-driven infrastructure or other relevant fields.
Knowledge of community-based disaster risk reduction is an advantage.
Experience in organizing and delivering training and capacity building activities at community level.
Good communication and coordination skills.
Ability and willingness to travel to and stay in project locations.
Knowledge of national, local risk management policy and planning an advantage.
Knowledge of gender, disability and inclusion an advantage.
Good reporting skills is an advantage.
Computer literate and familiarity working with civil-engineering related software.
Able to multi-task and work to achieve deadlines.
Able to work under own initiative as well as within a team in a multicultural environment.
Enthusiasm, critical thinking and a creative approach to problem solving highly valued.
ASB Indonesia and the Philippines is an equal opportunities employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants should send:
a. Application letter outlining your interest
b. CV of no more than 2 pages clearly describing their qualifications for this position
c. Contacts of 3 professional referees
Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: IDN_1602_Construction
NOTE: A failure to follow the above application format will result in applications being disregarded.
ASB is an equal opportunities employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only electronic applications accepted and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.