Under the direct supervision of the Special Advisor, Programs and Strategy and in close coordination with IDLO Programs Department, the Field Program Manager-Rule of Law Program will be responsible for the following main duties:
Enhance coordination and synergy of Rule of Law initiatives in the Indonesian law and justice sector:
• Implement targeted activities to enhance communication and collaboration between law and justice stakeholders and grantees in Indonesia and the ASEAN Region;
• Build effective networks with relevant program partners, policy makers, donors and civil society actors to further the interests of the program in Indonesia and ASEAN Region;
• Conduct missions within Indonesia and ASEAN Region to explore program opportunities, liaise with stakeholders, and assess proposed projects;
• Promote IDLO’s strategic vision among partner organizations, agencies, and/or donors;
• Proactively identify partnership and funding opportunities for the Organization;
• Lead in communicating (internally and externally) Rule of Law Fund’s aims, objectives, strategies and achievements;
Assume direct responsibility for managing the Rule of Law Fund:
• Contribute to the preparation of program documents including the annual budget and work plan taking available human and financial resources into account;
• Ensure program funds are made available when needed, and are disbursed properly in a timely fashion following the IDLO procedures; Expenditures are in accordance with the program document and/or existing program work plans; Accounting records and supporting documents are properly kept and required financial reports are prepared, with appropriate analysis of expenditures and issues in disbursement;
• Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation (M&E) mechanism for the program’s financial, administrative, and operational activities in close cooperation with IDLO’s Finance, Research and Learning department; Ensure monitoring, evaluation and audits are undertaken as per IDLO standards & guidelines;
• Ensure Financial operations are transparent and comply with financial procedures/regulations;
• Prepare program progress reports (financial and substantive) against set targets and indicators, with an analysis of evidence of progress towards planned outputs according to schedules, budgets, and inputs provided by the program;
• Keep the Supervisor updated regularly on program developments and challenges.
• Effectively lead staff by providing clear direction, addressing staff development, and implementing performance management through ongoing dialogue, feedback, and mentoring; motivate and support staff with a view to fostering a teamwork approach in meeting objectives and goals; address possible conflicts in a positive and constructive manner; encourage initiative and maintain effective working relationships within a multi-cultural setting;
Oversight projects of external program implementing agencies/sub-contractors funded under the Rule of Law Fund
• Ensure calls for proposals are in line with the program framework and strategic objectives;
• Organize transparent and timely selection of proposals in close collaboration with the donor country;
• Mobilize competent national and international experts as needed within the Program framework;
• Ensure that all agreements with implementing agencies are prepared, negotiated, agreed upon and executed to the expected standards and in a timely manner;
• Ensure that the implementing agencies mobilize and deliver the inputs in accordance with their letters of agreement or contracts;
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education, Work Experience and Languages
▪ Minimum of a university degree in: law/ business development / business management/ social sciences or a related field. A post graduate degree in relevant field is preferred.
▪ Minimum of 7-9 years of experience of combined legal and program management experiences, preferably in Indonesia. Additional work experience in the ASEAN region will be advantageous.
▪ Demonstrated professional experiences in management of funds in an international setting (UN, IGO, international NGO) including grants. Experience in rule of law programs is essential.
▪ Fluent oral and written English is required.
Specific knowledge, skills and competencies
▪ Proven project-management skills covering all stages of a project cycle including design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, reporting and budgeting;
▪ Self-motivated, hands-on and solution oriented professional; able to function effectively in a
▪ rapidly changing and dynamic work environment;
▪ Experience in working with an international/interdisciplinary team; Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships, both internally and externally;
▪ Competency with financial data systems and spreadsheet processes;
▪ Strong attention to details and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast
paced deadline driven environment.
▪ Ability to speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication techniques;
▪ Very good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient use of other ICT software and internet software;
▪ Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
▪ Keen sense of ethics, integrity and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The successful candidate will be contracted for an initial period of 12 months, with the possibility of extension based on satisfactory performance and funding availability. IDLO offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package in terms of salary, medical insurance, annual leave and sick leave. The Program Manager will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia and must have the necessary permission or immigration status to work in Indonesia.
HOW TO APPLY
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage diverse applications. All interested applicants are encouraged to apply via our website: www.idlo.int/jobs and submit the completed IDLO Personal History Form (PHF), resume and cover letter.
DISCLAIMER AND CLOSING DATE
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The Director – General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Application deadline is 20 July 2017 (23:59hrs Rome time)