• To manage the delivery of a systematic, evidenced-based Talent Pathway and Coach Education model to ensure Pentathlon Great Britain is at the forefront of talent development and coach education, culminating in an oversupply of athletes and coaches for PGB.
• To liaise with partner agencies/bodies on mutually beneficial training opportunities. Manage relationships with external funding partners to ensure PGB is collaborative in Talent Pathway development.
• To ensure the connectivity of the talent pathway from participation, development and performance ensuring the strategic aims of each stage compliment each other in their delivery.
• Define, own and drive the strategy and technical framework for Olympic athlete and coach identification, supported through a seamless performance pathway that includes development and participation strategies within Pentathlon Great Britain.
• Produce the Pathway Plan for Development and Talent Programmes based on the Performance Model and Pathway Consideration Standards. Administer, together with Pathway Manager, programming and management of Talent Athlete Appraisals.
• Operate as a member of the Senior Leadership Team following the “What it takes to win model” (WITTW) ensuring senior international trends, gap analysis is continually considered and that intelligence and insights at Podium level is continually cascaded down the Talent Pathway in an age and stage appropriate manner.
1. Talent Development
• Ensure the implementation of an evidence based, logic led strategy that maximises the development of athletes and coaches within the Talent Pathway.
• Work with the Pathway Manager and Performance Team coaches to ensure the development of strategies for the delivery of athletes meeting the Consideration Standards necessary to become full-time athlete at the National Training Centre.
• Review, scope, design and implement a coach education strategy to ensure coaches within the Talent Pathway are connected and capable of delivering within the bounds of their roles.
2. Talent Pathway Management
• Ensure that the strategic aims and priorities of the three Talent Pathway strands (Participation, Development & Performance) are progressive and connected.
• Operationalise strategies pertaining to all three pathway strands ensuring alignment, coherence and consistency of delivery within the Talent Pathway.
• Advise on implementation of regional training centres and coaches. Working closely with Regional Development Officers to develop entry level competition structure for grass routes athletes.
• Provide clear leadership and operational guidance to staff within the Talent Pathway ensuring clear strategic priorities are met at all levels..
• Assess and develop the operational capability of the coaching workforce within the Talent Pathway to ensure athlete development is optimal.
3. Tracking and Monitoring
• Lead and work with the Pathway Manager to continue improving and deploy consistently a National Tracking and Monitoring system that captures key development markers of identified athletes from within the Talent Pathway progressing through to World Class Podium Potential/Podium squads.
• Scope and where appropriate initiate research and development to provide a greater evidence-base to support the strategic aims of the Talent Pathway.
• In conjunction with the Performance Director and Performance Team implement Consideration Standards derived from the Performance Model that allow an athlete’s individual progression to be objectively quantified against a medal winning trajectory.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• University degree level qualification and or coaching qualification equivalent in an area of study complimentary to the role of Head of Talent and Coaching.
• A background and recent experience of leading a team operating in elite sport at the highest level.
• A formidable track record, understanding and experience of the dynamics of talent development, identification, confirmation, talent pathways and talent coaching.
• A comprehensive understanding of coaching science, sport science and medicine.
• Demonstrable experience managing the athlete profiling, athlete planning and athlete performance and coach profiling within elite sport systems.
• Experience of working with multiple partners, stakeholders and volunteers to achieve success including working with public funding agencies.
• Experience of working with volunteer based organisation at grass roots level.
• Excellent presentation, communication and influencing skills that can motivate behavioural change to have a positive impact on performance.
• Ability to work effectively with colleagues both within PGB and from other national governing bodies of sport or organisations.
• Full driving license
• University Masters or PhD in an area of study complimentary to the role of Head of Talent and Coaching.
• Level 4 UKCC coaching qualification.
• Extensive experience of coaching and managing coach development at both talent and performance levels.
How to apply
Must supply a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing date is the 24th August.