The American Red Cross (Amcross) helps vulnerable people around the world to prevent, prepare for and respond to disasters, complex humanitarian emergencies and life-threatening health conditions. It is a member of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) and works closely with Palang Merah Indonesia (PMI). Currently Amcross supports programs in Aceh, Lampung, Jakarta, West and Central Java, Bali, NTB and North Maluku. Amcross works with the Indonesia Red Cross (PMI) focusing on 2 program sectors: Disaster Management, and Organizational Development.
The American Red Cross is currently looking for a Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Officer to be based in Jakarta office for one year (possibilities for extension) will responsible with the Community Based Disaster Risk Reduction, funded by Margareth A. Cargil Philanthropy (MACP). Feedback from stakeholders and targeted communities will ensure that the project achieves desired results and maximizes available resources within the planned time schedule. A project log frame and M&E plan including indicators, definitions, means of verification, and measurement frequency will be developed and used to identify required monitoring and evaluation activities. This will include data collection and recording, baseline and end line assessments, reporting periods, field monitoring visits, project reviews, and a final evaluation.
Roles and responsibilities:
1. To ensure monitoring system is implemented in MACP Project through documentation using standardized recording tools and reporting formats that enabling project team to track progress, achievements, challenges, and lesson learn.
2. To assist Program Coordinator submitting complete and high quality report (Country Representative Report, Delegation Quarterly Report, Indicator Tracking Table (ITT), Annual and Final Report).
3. To compile project updates/report in a regular basis (i.e., monthly, quarterly or annually) in order to provide project information required for external and internal use (i.e., PPT, program summaries update, fact sheets, etc.).
4. To assist MACP program team in conducting project baseline, endline, mid term review, and Lesson learn/Final/closing workshop.
5. To assist MACP project team to develop materials for PMER in Emergency Guideline, Training Materials for Data Analysis.
6. To visit project sites on regular basis to observe the project activities and provide feedback and recommendation for quality assurance and at the same time providing relevant support to field staffs.
7. To undertake other relevant duties as might be required from time to time from supervisor (Program Coordinator)
Core and functional Competencies :
1. Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity; self-development, initiative-taking
2. Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team effectively
3. Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
4. Ability to identify, to package, and communicate relevant information for a variety of audiences internally and externally.
5. Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the M&ER position.
6. Enhancing processes or products by generating new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things particularly in M&E and project management.
7. Basic research and analysis by generating new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
Required Skills and Experience :
Bachelor in Statistic, Public Health, Management or other relevant fields of study would be desirable.
1. Minimum 2 years of professional experience, preferably in the field of development.
2. Language Requirements: Fluency in written and spoken English is an absolute necessity.
3. Solid experience monitoring and producing high quality report of development projects (English report should be submitted when applying on this position)
4. Experience in monitoring, evaluation and reporting with a background and interest in the analysis of disaster risk reduction, health and or organizational development issues and related policy matters.
5. Excellent analytical skill and advance computer skills required (particularly on Excel, SPSS, PPT, Publisher).
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae in English not later than 13 August 2017 to email@example.com placing the job title in the subject line and label your CV with your name (CV max. 200KB size). Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.