• To manage, coach and develop the players within the professional development phase (PDP) of the Academy (U18s)
• To support the progression of the PDP phase players into the 1st team squad
• To coach and support the match / training programme of the U23s / Reserve squad where required
Summary of Duties:
• To plan, prepare, deliver and review the PDP (U18s) coaching and games programme aligned with the Coaching Syllabus of the Academy and the ‘Vision and Values’ of the club
• To liaise with the senior coaching staff of the club regarding the U23s / Reserves coaching and games programme
• To ensure the PDP players are developed both individually and within the team framework as per the Coaching Syllabus of the Academy and their ILP’s
• To liaise with the multi-disciplinary staff within the Academy on a daily basis to ensure the coaching programme enables each PDP player to develop maximally across their technical, tactical, physical and psychological abilities
• To ensure the Performance Management Application (PMA) is up to date and aligned with EPPP guidelines for all the players within the PDP
• To attend and at times contribute to the club’s in-service CPD events
• To contribute to the Academy Management Team (AMT) meetings and when requested to attend club Technical Board meetings
• To manage and embed the Football Philosophy through diligent monitoring of the ‘Playing Principles’ of the Academy/Club.
• To comply with all company policies/procedures and regulations relating to your role in the Academy.
• To plan, prepare and deliver the 6-week Individual Player Review Meetings, supported by the Academy Multi-disciplinary team, setting new targets for the players across the 4 Corners.
• To improve and develop new skills and knowledge through your DAP using the Academy CCF and being supported by the Head Of Coaching
Essential skills and qualifications:
• UEFA ‘A’ License Coaching Certificate
FA Learning Safeguarding Children Certificate
FA Emergency Aid In Football Certificate
• Basic level of IT skills
• A good competence of communication and interpersonal skills
• Have a flexible attitude to work
• Possess the ability to work on own their initiative and as part of a team
• Has the ability to remain polite and courteous in difficult meetings
• Can demonstrate good planning, preparation and good management skills
• Is competent to work at a level to meet stringent deadlines
• Be versatile enough to adapt to different and changing situations
• Possess the drive and motivation to set high standards and achieve company objectives
• Have a personable approach
• Ability to liaise with footballers, coaches, management and other football related individuals in a professional manner
• Flexible and happy to work evenings and weekends.
Desirable skills and qualifications:
• UEFA Pro License
• FA Advanced Youth Award
• Previous experience of working with senior players within a 1st Team within a professional football club
• Previous experience of leading a SPDP / PDP age groups within a professional Academy
• Have a full driving licence
This Role is a regulated post and is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and therefore requires an enhanced DBS.
How to apply
For more information and to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.